Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering (UGIE) is a leading institute of Odisha for Diploma (engineering) courses. Earlier the institute has different names like Composite Polytechnic (1962-1965), Rourkela Polytechnic (1966-1967), State Technological Institute (1968-1975). In the year 1976, the name was changed to UGIE (Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering). The institute is located in the Industrial belt of Rourkela (514 km away from Bhubaneswar).
The major academic programs of the institute are Diploma in Engineering (3-Years), Post Diploma in Industrial Safety (PDIS) (1-Year).
The admission to the Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering is carried out mainly based on previous academic records and counseling conducted by SCTE &VT, Odisha.
Besides excellent teaching and education, the institute offers lots of facilities like Placement Cell, Hostel, Library, Gymnasium, Medical Unit, and more. If you want to study in UGIE, find here a quick overview of Departments, Courses, Eligibility, Admission Procedure, Cutoffs, Placement, Ranking
Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering (UGIE), Rourkela
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Public Diploma Education and Research Institute
- Established: 1962
- Owner: Government of Odisha
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: SCTE &VT, Odisha
- Location: Rourkela, Odisha
- Official Website: http://www.ugierkl.ac.in/
- Category: Government Polytechnic (Diploma) Colleges in Odisha
Address & Contact Details
Jail Road, Rourkela-769004
Phone No: 0661-2401130 Fax: 0661-2401130
- Mathematics & Science
- Computer Department
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Ceramic Technology
- Metallurgy Engineering
Programs and Courses Offered
|Diploma||Mechanical Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||90|
|Diploma||Electrical Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||60|
|Diploma||Chemical Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||50|
|Diploma||Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||50|
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||40|
|Diploma||Ceramic Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||40|
|Diploma||Metallurgy Engineering||3 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||90|
|Post Diploma||Industrial Safety||1 Year||30|
UGIE Fees Structure
|College Fees for GENERAL||Rs.5800 Per Annum|
|College Fees for SC/ST/TFW||Rs.3300 Per Annum|
|Hostel Fees for GENERAL/SC/ST/TFW (Those who will stay in Hostel)||Rs.3000 Per Annum|
|Total Fees for GENERAL including Hostel fees||Rs. 26400 Per Annum|
|Total Fees for SC/ST/TFW including Hostel fees||Rs. 18900 Per Annum|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
Minimum Eligibility for 1st Year Diploma Admission:
- Candidates should have passed HSC or 10th standard examination conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. In the 10th standard, candidates must have secured 35% marks in aggregate and 30% marks in each subject at the qualifying examination with Math, English, & Science subjects.
- The minimum age limit is 14 years except Mining & Drilling Engineering. For Mining & Drilling Engineering, the lower age limit is 16.
- No upper age limit for application
Minimum Eligibility for 2nd Year Diploma Admission (Lateral Entry):
- Candidates should be passed in +2 Science Examination from CHSE, Odisha or its equivalent with PCM / +2 Vocational (2 years) in any Engineering Trades / 2 years ITI in Engineering Trade / COE Trade with passed in HSC examination from BSE, Odisha / 10th standard examination or its equivalent securing 30% marks in each subject at the qualifying examination.
- Minimum age limit is 14 years
- No upper age limit
Minimum Eligibility for Post Diploma:
- Candidates must have passed BE/B.Tech/B.SC (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)/Diploma
- The minimum age limit of 16 years
- No upper age limit for application
The admission is carried out through a web-based e-counseling according to the merit rank on the basis of the marks obtained by a candidate in the qualifying examination.
Cutoffs: Check cutoffs for 1st year and 2nd year (Lateral Entry) Diploma admission
Facilities and Services
- Computer Center
- Central Library
- Sports Facilities
- Medical Facilities
- Transportation Facility
- Guest House
Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering (UGIE) Placement / Recruitment
The institute has a well-established placement cell and also from 2014, the institute is a partner of central placement cell (CPC). It offers placement for final year / passed out students in different government and private sectors including various reputed industries through off-campus/on campus. Let’s take a look at below for Placement facilities and the previous placement records of Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering (UGIE) are given below.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
|Industrial Collaborations||Lots of Industrial Collaborations|
Previous Placement Record
|Top Recruiters||TATA STEEL, Jamshedpur, Jindal Stainless Ltd, MARUTI SUZUKI LTD, TRL Krosaki Ltd, ESSAR Steel, L & T Construction, Thermax Ltd, TAKATA India Ltd, Cummins India Ltd, and More|
|% of Students Placed||> 95%|
Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering Ranking
If you have any further queries on the Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering, please write in the comment box below.