Swami Vivekananda Merit Scholarship (SVMCM) is meant for providing financial assistance to the minority (students from economically backward families) and meritorious students of West Bengal. This scholarship scheme benefits students from Class XI to PhD level.
This scholarship scheme benefits:
- Class XI and XII (Regular Mode) Students
- Under Graduate Students (Science /Arts / Commerce /Medical / Engineering / Technical / Professional courses)
- Post Graduate Students (Science / Arts / Commerce / Technical / Management))
- M.Phil and Doctoral courses (NON-NET Junior Research Fellow)
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing PG (Post Graduate) in Science, Arts, and Commerce from Universities of this State after obtaining UG degree with 45% marks in aggregate.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Scholarship (SVMCM) 2022
- Eligibility Criteria
- Schedule for Online Application
- How to Apply
- Documents Required for Application
- Renewal Application
- Contact Details
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)
- Applicants should be a domicile of West Bengal and want to continue his/her education in institutes situated in West Bengal after passing out in the current year from the West Bengal State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary, Madrasah Education, and State University.
- Applicant should belong to Minority Community (Muslim / Sikh / Christian / Buddhist / Parsee & Jain).
- The total annual family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs (The income certificate to be issued by any gazetted officer, not below Joint BDO rank)
|Current Course of study||Last Exam Passed in Current Year||% obtained in the last Exam||Amount of Scholarship/month|
|Higher secondary||Madhyamik or equivalent||75% (excluding optional elective subjects)||1000/-|
|Diploma (Polytechnic)||1. Madhyamik or equivalent for first-year Diploma (polytechnic).|
2. H.S. or equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy, Modern office practice & Management, and 3-D Animation & Graphics for a 2-year duration.
3. H.S (Vocational courses for 2nd Year diploma Polytechnic courses on lateral entry basis)
|Graduation level (Arts)||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||75% (aggregate will be calculated out of Best of five)||1000/-|
|Graduation level (Commerce)||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||75% (aggregate will be calculated out of Best of five)||1000/-|
|Graduation level (Science)||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||75% (aggregate will be calculated out of Best of five)||1500/-|
|Graduation level (UGC Approved Other Professional Courses)||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||75% (aggregate will be calculated out of Best of five)||1500/-|
|PG (Arts)||Graduation level||53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree (K3 applicants)||2000/-|
|PG (Commerce)||Graduation level||53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree (K3 applicants)||2000/-|
|PG (Science)||Graduation level||53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree (K3 applicants)||2500/-|
|PG (UGC Approved Other Professional Courses)||Graduation level||53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|UG (Engineering), PG (Engineering), AICTE approved other professional courses||UG (Engineering): Higher Secondary or Equivalent|
PG (Engineering): Graduation level
|UG: 1. 75%, 2. 75% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD (lateral entry). |
PG: 55% in Graduation from any West Bengal State University/AICTE approved institute in West Bengal
|UG (Medical Degree), Diploma Courses||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||75%||5000/- (Medical) and 1500/- (Diploma)|
|Non NET M.Phil. / Non NET Ph.D.||Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||–||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
Schedule for Online Application
|Application Type||Opening Date||Closing Date / Last Date|
How to Apply
Step-1: Open Online Application Portal (http://wbmdfcscholarship.org/)
Step-2: Click on the “Student Registration or New Registration” menu
Step-3: Fill up all information under the “Student Information” section
Step-4: Fill up all information under the “Scheme Eligibility” section
Step-5: Note down your USER-ID and Check your given mobile number or email id for a password. Note that, to receive the password, you have to enter a valid email-id and a mobile number.
Step-6: Login with USER-ID and Password to Complete application under the “Student’s Login” section. Change your password for security reasons.
Step-7: Fill up all information under the “Basic Information” section
Step-8: Fill up all information under the “Academic Information” section
Step-9: Upload all necessary documents
Step-10: Verify “Bank Account Information”
Step-11:Before final submission, preview and verify the complete application under the “Lock Application” section
Step-12: Print Application from “Print Application” section
Step-13: Submit the computer-generated application form along with all the necessary documents to your educational institute.
Documents Required for Application
(i) Mark sheet of the last examination.
(ii) Income certificate in the prescribed format.
(iii) First page of bank passbook mentioning clearly the A/C no. and IFSC details
(iv) Institute verification form duly authenticated by the Head of the Institution (HOI) in the prescribed format.
For Renewal Application
For Renewal, Online registration is not needed, rather candidates can login with their previous USER-ID and Password to apply for renewal.
Telephone Helpline No – 1800 120 2130
Whatsapp No – 8017071710
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs on Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)
In order to check your application status, go to the official website/online portal (http://wbmdfcscholarship.org/) and click on the “Track Application” menu and follow the instructions.
1. Go to the official website
2. Click on the “Renewal Application” button
3. Login with previous USER-ID and Password.
4. Follow the step by step instructions
To apply for Vivekananda Scholarship,
1. Students should be from West Bengal.
2. He/She is studying in West Bengal.
No, College/Institute of the applicant should be in West Bengal only.
Yes, You can edit your application before locking your application.
Contact district minority office with all supporting documents. See More.
If you have entered the wrong data during registration, you can cancel your application by the “Cancel Application” option or edit your application before locking your application.
For more information visit:
For More West Bengal Fellowships Check Out: List of West Bengal Scholarships.