In 1998, this Siliguri Government Polytechnic (SGP) was founded, and since then, it has been playing as an essential player in the arena of Engineering. It is a government institute affiliated to WBCTE (West Bengal Council of Technical Education). It offers a diploma in engineering (3 years) and pharmacy courses (2 years).
The institute owns an eco-friendly campus; it has large classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, conference rooms, language labs, modern teaching equipment, workshop, a well-stocked library, and an accommodation facility for both girls and boys.
From the day SGP originated, it always raised the young minds’ spirit to persuade free inquiry and imagination. The respected teaching faculty, having the highest academic as well as industrial experiences, plays a vital role in encouraging and guiding the students intelligently.
Siliguri Government Polytechnic, West Bengal
Table of Contents
1. College At A Glance
2. Address & Contact Details
4. Courses Offered
5. Fee Structure
6. Eligibility & Admission Procedure
7. Facilities & Services
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Government Polytechnic College
- Established: 1995
- Approved By: AICTE / Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Affiliated To: WBSCTE
- Location: Siliguri, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: http://siligurigovtpolytechnic.org/
- Category: Government Polytechnic Colleges in West Bengal
Address & Contact Details
1 No Dabgram, Ward 22, Subhas Pally, Siliguri
Dist- Darjeeling, West Bengal 734004
Phone: 095473 69110
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
Programs and Courses Offered
|Diploma||Electrical Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||30|
|Diploma||Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Architecture||3 Years||Full Time||30|
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Computer Science and Technology||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|D.Pharma.||Pharmacy||2 Years||Full Time||60|
Siliguri Government Polytechnic Fee Structure
|Admission Fee||Rs.200/- (during 1st admission in every year)|
|Tuition Fee||Rs.50/- per month|
|Hostel Rent||Rs.50/- per month|
|Electric Charge for Hostel||Rs.50/- per month|
Visit Official Website To See Detailed Fee Structure (Tuition fees)
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Siliguri Government Polytechnic
1. Diploma in Engineering
1.1. Minimum Eligibility for 1st Year Admission
- Candidate should have passed class 10th with English, Mathematics & Physical science/Science and acquired at least 35% marks in average.
- The lower age limit is 15.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
- Valid JEXPO Score
1.2. Eligibility 2nd Year Admission (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates should have passed or appeared (10+2) examination from the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development (VED) or having passed 2 years ITI after 10th or equivalent examination.
- No age criteria
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
- Valid VOCLET score
1.3. Admission Procedure
The admission process of the Siliguri Government Polytechnic College is carried out based on the JEXPO/VOCLET score and online counseling.
2. Diploma in Pharmacy
2.1. Minimum Eligibility
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as major subjects from any recognized Board/University.
- Candidates should qualify in a centralized or Institute-level Common Entrance Test.
2..2. Admission Procedure
Admission of the Siliguri Government Polytechnic College will be made based on the Centralized or Institute-level Common Entrance Test (CET) for diploma in Pharmacy followed by centralized or institute level counseling.
Facilities and Services
- Hostel (Girls’ and Boys Hostel)
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
Siliguri Government Polytechnic Placement
Siliguri Government Polytechnic has always maintained the recognition of offering a general placement provision. The placement cell works too hard to get hold of well-recognized companies for the campus placements.
The Placement facilities and previous placement records of the Siliguri Government Polytechnic are given below.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|% of Students Placed Through Campus Interview||5%|
Siliguri Government Polytechnic Ranking
If you have further queries on the Siliguri Government Polytechnic, please write in the comment box below.