Are students comfortable with online teaching and classes? Is offline mode coaching is better for learning than online mode coaching? These questions have been raised by many students. Two years ago from today Coronavirus wreaked havoc. Everything came to a halt in this pandemic. But this pandemic could not stop education. But the only change that has come is in the mode of education. Online coaching took the place of offline coaching. There was no chance of taking offline coaching during the pandemic. That’s why online education has been introduced. But is online fulfilling the needs of students?
Which is better- online mode coaching or offline mode coaching? Let’s discuss the major advantages and disadvantages of these two types of education:
Online Coaching Vs. Offline Coaching: Which is better- offline or online coaching?
Beginning and differences
- Offline or traditional education has been going on for a long time. In offline coaching students get ready and go to an educational institute, where he get an educational environment. The study is done sitting in front of teacher.
- Online education is started in 1990 and over the past few dacades, online eduaction becomes very popular. In online education, students don’t need to go anywhere to study. Students can study in their home with their electronic devices with internet connection by using software like Zoom, Google Meet etc.
Students and Parents preference
Whether it is the online mode or offline mode, students have to study in these two modes. So, for now, they prefer these two modes. But after the news of school reopening has come, 70% of parents don’t want to let their children go to offline classes. And the reason is the fear of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Flexibility of the class
- In offline coaching, students need to travel to their institutes to study. They have to carry bag. They don’t have any freedom to take decision option. There’s less flexibility in offline mode of education.
- In online coaching students don’t need to travel physically anywhere. Students can comfortably study from their home. So, there is more flexibility in online classes.
Interaction between Students and teachers
- There is less interaction between teachers and students in online classes. So, the doubts of the students are cleared less. Although there are options like video calling, chats but students can not interact freely. Teacher also can’t communicate differently. Even one student can not talk to the other students and as a result there is also less chance of group discussion.
- Where in offline the class teachers stands in front of students, he asks and interacts directly with students. Doubts are cleared on the spot. It is also easy for teachers to interact in offline classes.
Major Advantages of online coaching
- You don’t need to think about place and time.
- Flexible hours.
- Time saving.
- Class recording.
Major Advantages of offline coaching
- In offline classes, Teachers can pay attention to every single student.
- Discipline and educational environment.
- Face-to-face interaction.
Major Disadvantages of online coaching:
- You can feel isolated. This can be boring and tiring.
- There is no competition in online classes.
Major Disadvantages of offline coaching
- As time and place is fixed students have to follow accordingly.
- Have to carry study materials.
We all know that we can get a better education with more expenses. Offline classes take more money and also provide extracurricular activities and sports. In online classes, expenses are less in comparison to offline classes. The expense of travelling can be saved in the online mode of education.
Which is more effective?
This is tough to answer this question because of some students like online and some like offline modes of education. There are advantages and disadvantages to both modes of education.