Established in 2001, Narula Institute of Technology is one of the top private engineering colleges in Kolkata, affiliated to MAKAUT (Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology) and approved by AICTE. In this article, you will find the courses offered by Narula Institute of Technology including, eligibility, admission procedure, placement facilities, placement records of previous years, and ranking.
Narula Institute of Technology (NIT), Agarpara, Kolkata
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Private Engineering College
- Established: 2001
- Accreditation: NAAC B (CGPA : 2.43); Valid Upto: 31-Dec-2020
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: MAKAUT
- Location: Agarpara, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: https://nit.ac.in/
Address & Contact Details
81, Nilgunj Road, Agarpara
Kolkata – 700 109, West Bengal
Phone: +91 33 2563 8888
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- Basic Science and Humanities
Programs and Courses Offered
|B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||180|
|B.Tech.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|B.Tech.||Electrical Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|M.Tech.||Computer Science & Engineering||2 Years||Full Time||18|
|M.Tech.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||2 Years||Full Time||18|
|M.Tech.||Electrical Engineering -Power Systems||2 Years||Full Time||18|
|M.Tech.||Civil Engineering – Structural Engineering||2 Years||Full Time||18|
|MCA||Computer Application||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||2 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||2 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Electrical Engineering||2 Years / 2 Years (Lateral Entry)||Full Time||60|
|B.Voc.||Software Development||3 Years||25|
|B.Voc.||Graphics & Multimedia||3 Years||25|
|BCA||Computer Application||2 Years||Full Time||120|
|BBA||Business Administration||2 Years||Full Time||90|
Narula Institute of Technology Fee Structure
|B.Tech.||Rs. 4.08 Lakhs|
|M.Tech.||Rs. 2.22 Lakhs|
|MCA||Rs. 2.97 Lakhs|
|BBA||Rs. 2.40 Lakhs|
|BCA||Rs. 2.40 Lakhs|
|Diploma||Rs. 99.0 K|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Narula Institute of Technology (NIT)
1. B.Tech. Admission
1.1. Minimum Eligibility
- 10+2 level or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects
- In addition, candidates must have a minimum of 45% (40% for Reserve Category) aggregate marks with pass marks in individual subjects, including a minimum of 30% marks in English.
- A valid score in WBJEE/JEE(Main)/CEE-AMPAI-WB in the current academic year
Candidates having a diploma in engineering with a minimum of 45% (40% for Reserve Category) aggregate marks are eligible for apply.
1.2. Admission Procedure
Admission is carried out based on the WBJEE/JEE (Main) / CEE-AMPAI-WB score and counseling.
2. B.Tech. (Lateral) Admission
2.1. Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma & B.Sc. with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for Reserve Category)
- Valid WBJELET score
- Candidates having a B.Sc. degree should have pass marks in the 12th standard with Mathematics.
- The upper age limit is 27 years for B.Sc. candidates.
2.2. Admission Procedure
Based on WBJELET score and counseling.
3. M.Tech. Admission
3.1. Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for Reserve Category)
3.2. Admission Procedure
Admission carried out based on GATE / PGET / CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS and counseling.
4. MCA Admission
4.1. Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at the graduate level
- Obtained minimum of 50% marks (45% for Reserve Category) at the qualifying examination
4.2. Admission Procedure
Through WBJECA/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS and counseling.
5. BCA Admission
5.1. Eligibility Criteria
- 12th standard or equivalent with English along with any one of Mathematics / Computer Application / Information Practice / BEBM / Statistics
5.2. Admission Procedure
Through CET and counseling.
6. BBA Admission
6.1. Eligibility Criteria
- 10+2 or equivalent with English
6.2. Admission Procedure
Through CET and counseling.
7. Diploma Admission
7.1. Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility For 1st Year Admission
- For 1st year admission, candidates should have appeared/passed Secondary or any Equivalent Examinations with English, Mathematics & Physical science with 35% marks in aggregate.
- The lower age limit is 15.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
Eligibility 2nd Year Admission (Lateral Entry)
- Fore lateral entry, candidates should have passed/appeared Higher Secondary (10+2) from the WBSCT&VE&SD (VED), or candidates should have passed ITI after 10th (2 years) or Equivalent Exams.
- No age criteria
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
7.2. Admission Procedure
The admission process is carried through the JEXPO (1st year) / VOCLET (2nd year) entrance exams and counseling conducted by WBSCT&VE&SD.
Facilities and Services
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Language Lab
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
Narula Institute of Technology Placement
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Accenture, TCS, Deloitte, Infosys, and more.|
|% of Students Placed Through Campus Interview||83% in 2016-17 (UG) / 91% in 2016-17 (PG)|
85% in 2017-18 (UG) / 88% in 2016-17 (PG)
81% in 2018-19 (UG) / 92% in 2016-17 (PG)
|Academic Year||Median Salary (UG)||Median Salary (PG)|
|2016-17||3.5 Lakhs||3.75 Lakhs|
|2017-18||3.5 Lakhs||3.75 Lakhs|
|2018-19||3.6 Lakhs||3.80 Lakhs|
Narula Institute of Technology Ranking
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2017||101–150|
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2018||101–150|
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2019||160|
The placement record of Narula institute of technology is excellent. The average % of students placed through campus interviews is more than 85 each year.
Narula Institute of Technology is one of the best private engineering colleges in West Bengal for engineering and diploma. NIRF rank of Narula Institute of Technology was 160 (2019) in engineering. It offers an excellent educational environment and facilities including placement facilities.
Yes, all the courses of Narula Institute of Technology are approved by AICTE.
If you have further queries on the Narula Institute of Technology, please write in the comment box below.