Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT) is one of the leading engineering colleges in Kolkata, affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
The college offers UG (B.Tech.) and PG (M.Tech.) programs. All the courses are approved by AICTE. The admission for UG courses is carried out through the WBJEE.
Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT), Kolkata
1. College At A Glance
2. Address & Contact Details
4. Courses Offered
5. Fee Structure
6. Eligibility & Admission Procedure
7. Facilities & Services
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Government Engineering College
- Established: 1919
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: MAKAUT
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: https://www.gcelt.gov.in/
Address & Contact Details
Block – LB 11, Sector-III, Salt Lake
Phone: +91 33 23356977
Fax: +91 33 23358353
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Leather Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Footwear & Leather Goods Technology
Programs and Courses Offered
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral)||Full Time||60|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral)||Full Time||40|
|B.Tech.||Leather Technology||4 Years / 3 Years (Lateral)||Full Time||30|
|B.Tech.||Footwear Technology||4 Years||Full Time||10|
|M.Tech.||Leather Technology||2 Years||Full Time||25|
|Certificate||Shoe and Leather Goods Making||2 Years||Full Time||25|
Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT) Fee Structure
|B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)||Rs. 51.7 K|
|B.Tech. (Information Technology)||Rs. 99.7 K|
|B.Tech. (Leather Technology)||Rs. 27.7 K|
|M.Tech. (Leather Technology)||Rs. 40.6 K|
|Certificate (Shoe and Leather Goods Making)||Rs. 40.6 K|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT)
- Candidates should have passed 12th level with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Computer Science / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Application / Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects.
- In addition, aggregate marks at 10+2 level should be 45% (40% for Reserve Category) with pass marks in each subject including a minimum of 30% marks in English.
- A valid score in WBJEE
- Lower age limit is 17 years
- Candidates have to apply online
- Then, candidates will be called for Counseling based on WBJEE score
- Final selection is made on the basis of WBJEE score
Minimum eligibility for M.Tech. (Leather Technology) admission: B.Tech (LT / Chemical Engineering / Biotechnology) or M.Sc (Chemistry / Biochemistry / Microbiology).
For admission procedure, you have to follow the official website.
Advanced Certificate Course
- Madhyamik or Equivalent (Minimum)
- Maximum age limit is 21 Years for General Candidates & 24 Years for SC / ST Candidates
- Through a written test conducted by GCELT.
>> See Detailed Admission Procedure
Facilities and Services
- Computer Center
- Central Library
- Sports Facilities
- Medical Facilities
- Transportation Facility
- Guest House
Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT) Placement
The placement cell of the college is very active and it has lots industrial collaboration.
Placement cell provides the placement training for final year students and also helps students to get placement in various private companies and government sectors.
Let’s go through below the placement facilities and previous Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT) Placement.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|% of Students Placed||> 85%|
|Avg Salary||2-4 Lakhs / Year|
Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology (GCELT) Ranking
If you have further queries on the GCELT, please write within the comment box below