Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020-2021-Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is an Indo-US postdoctoral fellowship that helps young Indian researchers and faculties to build their collaborative relationships with the U.S. faculties and institutions. It is part of the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF). In this article, we are going to share all essential details about the Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
At a Glance: Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Funding Agency: United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
Fellowship amount: –
Deadline for Application: July 16, 2018
Applications are invited in the following subject areas
- Agricultural Sciences
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics, digital economy, quantum computing, cybersecurity)
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- International Law
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with a special emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning (with a special emphasis on waste management and smart cities)
- Visual Arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- J-1 visa support
- A monthly stipend (for detailed fellowship amount, check the official site of USIEF)
- India to the U.S round-trip in economy class
- Medical benefits for accident and Sickness
- Allowance (for more details about allowance, check the official website)
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Applicants must be a responsible Indian citizen
- High level of academic/professional achievement
- Candidates should have excellent skills in English language (spoken and written English) to carry out the proposed research program and adjust to life in the U.S. Applicants may need a TOEFL score.
- Shortlisted candidates should appear in person for an interview at the USIEF office in New Delhi.
- If the applicant is employed and currently working, he/she should be eligible for leave.
- Candidates should be in good health
- Selected candidates should not be applying or holding for permanent residences in the U.S., and he/she must return to India on the completion of the fellowship duration.
- One candidate is allowed to apply for only one FNPostdoc fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism is not acceptable
In addition to the above General criteria:
- Interested candidates should have Ph.D. degree within the past four years, and they need to upload the Ph.D. certificate during online application.
- Applicants should have published research work in reputed journals.
The candidate will be affiliated to one host institution of U.S. USIEF recommends all applicants to identify potential host institutions in advance. The invitation letter from the U.S. host institute should indicate the duration of your visit with dates.
HOW TO apply
1. List of required documents for online application
- Detailed project statement
- Ph.D. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. degree certificate
- Three recommendation letters
- Invitation letter FROM U.S. host institute
- Supporting letter from Home Institution, if employed
- Copies of the recent publications
- Fulbright-Nehru Postdoc applicant annexure
2. Interested candidates have to submit their application online and before submitting the application, candidates need to refer to the Fulbright-Nehru Postdoc Applicant Checklist.
Click here for more detailed information.
Application dateline and important dates
July 16, 2018 (Next round will announce in January/February 2019)
USIEF National Selection Committee will review the applications, and shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview at the USIEF in New Delhi. The selection of the FNPostdoc fellowships will be made based on the applicant’s academic credentials, professional ability, communication skills, research proposal. Click here to get more detailed information about the FNPostdoc Fellowship selection procedure.