Established in 2001, Falakata Polytechnic is a Government polytechnic college, located in the Alipurduar district. The college offers Diploma courses in five different disciplines; Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering, and Food Processing Technology. To take admission in Falakata Polytechnic, you have to qualify JEXPO (for 1st-year admission) / VOCLET (for 2nd-year admission, Lateral entry). Let’s take look at below for college address, contact details, departments, courses, fee structure, eligibility, admission procedure, placement, and more.
Falakata Polytechnic, Alipurduar
Table of Contents
1. College At A Glance
2. Address & Contact Details
4. Courses Offered
5. Fee Structure
6. Eligibility & Admission Procedure
7. Facilities & Services
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Government Polytechnic College
- Established: 2001
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: WBSCT&VE&SD
- Location: Alipurduar, Falakata, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: https://www.falakatapolytechnic.in/
- Category: Government Polytechnic Colleges in West Bengal
Address & Contact Details
Baganbari, P.O. – Falakata
Dist – Alipurduar, Pin – 735211
Phone: 03563 – 260642
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
- Food Processing Technology
Programs and Courses Offered
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Electrical Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Mechanical Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||3 Years||Full Time||60|
|Diploma||Food Processing Technology||3 Years||Full Time||60|
Falakata Polytechnic Fee Structure
|Admission Fee||Rs.200/- (during 1st admission in every year)|
|Tuition Fee||Rs.50/- per month|
|Hostel Rent||Rs.50/- per month|
|Electric Charge for Hostel||Rs.50/- per month|
Eligibility & Admission Procedure of Falakata Polytechnic college
1. Eligibility Criteria
1.1. Eligibility for 1st Year Admission
- For 1st year admission, candidates should have passed/appeared Secondary (10th) or Equivalent Examinations with English, Mathematics & Physical science with 35% marks in aggregate without round-off.
- The lower age limit is 15.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
1.2. Eligibility 2nd Year Admission (Lateral Entry)
- Fore lateral entry, candidates should have passed/appeared Higher Secondary (10+2) from the WBSCT&VE&SD (VED) or candidates should have passed 2 years-ITI after 10th or Equivalent Exams.
- No age criteria
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
2. Admission Procedure:
The admission process of Falakata Polytechnic is carried through the JEXPO / VOCLET entrance exams and counseling conducted by WBSCT&VE&SD. You should have a valid JEXPO score for 1st-year admission and a valid VOCLET score for lateral entry.
Facilities and Services
- Well Equipped Laboratories
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Virtual Classroom
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
- Wi-Fi facility
- CC TV Surveillance
Falakata Polytechnic Placement
Falakata Polytechnic College has a separate department for Training & Placement cell; this cell of the institute handles all the aspects of placements for the students of all departments. It primarily works as a connection between the institute and the industry. The Placement facilities and previous placement records of Falakata Polytechnic College are given below.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|% of Students Placed Through Campus Interview||–|
Falakata Polytechnic Ranking
If you have further queries on the Falakata Polytechnic College, please write in the comment box below.