Cooch Behar Polytechnic is one of the old government polytechnic colleges in Cooch Behar, West Bengal. The college was established in 1964 and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. It is one of the best government polytechnic colleges in West Bengal, offers diploma course in 5 different disciplines; Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Pharmacy.
The placement cell of the Cooch Behar Polytechnic is very active, offers placement training, and helps students to get placement in various public sector and private sector companies. If you are thinking of pursuing your dream in Cooch Behar Polytechnic, go through this article to find the department, official site, courses, admission procedure & more.
Cooch Behar Polytechnic, Cooch Behar, West Bengal
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Government Polytechnic College
- Established: 1964
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: WBSCTE- West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Kolkata
- Location: Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: Cooch Behar Polytechnic
Address & Contact Details
P.O. & Dist.: Cooch Behar
West Bengal, India
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
Programs and Courses Offered
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||3 Years||60|
|Diploma||Mechanical Engineering||3 Years||60|
|Diploma||Electrical Engineering||3 Years||60|
|Diploma||Automobile Engineering||3 Years||60|
Cooch Behar Polytechnic Fee Structure
|Admission Fee||Rs.200/- (during 1st admission in every year)|
|Tuition Fee||Rs.50/- per month|
|Hostel Rent||Rs.50/- per month|
|Electric Charge for Hostel||Rs.50/- per month|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Cooch Behar Polytechnic
1. Admission Procedure for Diploma in Engineering
1.1. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be Indian Citizen
- The lower age limit for 1st-year admission is 15
- No upper age limit for Lateral Entry.
- For 1st year admission, applicants should have passed/appeared 10th standard exam with English, Mathematics & Physical science, and secured at least 35% marks in aggregate.
- For lateral entry, applicants should have passed/appeared 10+2 examination in science stream with vocational subjects from WBSCVET or passed ITI (2 years) after class 10.
1.2. Selection Procedure
Selection is carried out through the JEXPO (for 1st year admission) and VOCLET) (for Lateral Entry) and counseling.
Admission Procedure for Pharmacy Course
2.1. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be Indian Citizen
- Minimum age limit is 17 Years
- Passed (10+2) or its equivalent exam with Chemistry, Physics & Biology or Mathematics.
- Candidates passed 10+2 level exam or its equivalent exam in Vocational Stream Courses are not eligible for admission.
2.2. Selection Procedure
Selection is carried out either through centralized or Institute-level Common Entrance Test and counseling.
Facilities and Services
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Language Lab
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
Cooch Behar Polytechnic Placement
The Placement facilities and previous placement records of Cooch Behar Polytechnic College are given below.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|% of Students Placed||–|
|Avg Salary||2-6 Lakhs / Year|
Cooch Behar Polytechnic College Ranking
It is one best government polytechnic colleges in West Bengal. The faculties are very good and helpful. All the five departments of the college are well established including lots of facilities. The college has both large boys and girls hostel facilities. Last few years, the placement records are excellent. Overall it is a good college.
If you have further queries on the Cooch Behar Polytechnic college, please write in the comment box below.