Bengal Institute of Technology is a private engineering college of West Bengal, located at Govt Colony (on Basanti Highway), Kolkata. The college was established by the Techno India Group in the year 2000 and affiliated to MAKAUT. This college offers B.Tech. degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Biotechnology, Information Technology.
The college has a very beautiful campus and it has two parts; one for all departments except Biotechnology and the other is for the Biotechnology department. Follow this article for other details like departments, courses, available seats, admission, eligibility, fee structures, facilities, previous placement records, ranking, and more.
Bengal Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Private Engineering College / Self Financing
- Established: 2000
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: MAKAUT
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: http://bitcollege.in/
Address & Contact Details
1 no. Govt Colony (on Basanti Highway)
Kolkata-700150, West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 6292219054 / +91 6292219056 / +91 6292219053
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Basic Science and Humanities
Programs and Courses Offered
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||4 Years||120|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 Years||90|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||4 Years||60|
Bengal Institute of Technology Kolkata Fee Structure
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||2.88Lakhs|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||2.88Lakhs|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Bengal Institute of Technology Kolkata
- Passed 10+2 with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category, e.g., SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in aggregate.
- The candidates should also have obtained pass marks in theory papers, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- First, candidates have to appear and qualify JEE Main/ WBJEE
- Second, candidates need to apply for counseling through the JoSAA/WBJEE official website.
- Final admission will be offered based on the counseling
Facilities and Services
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Language Lab
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
Bengal Institute of Technology Placement
Placement facilities and previous placement records of Bengal Institute of Technology are given below.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Infosys, Wipro, IBM, TCG Lifesciences, and More|
|% of Students Placed Through Campus Interview||74% in 2016-17|
79% in 2017-18
76% in 2018-19
|Average Salary||3.25 Lakhs in 2017-18|
3.25 Lakhs in 2018-19
3.50 Lakhs in 2019-20
Bengal Institute of Technology (BIT) Ranking
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2016||91|
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2017||–|
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2018||–|
|NIRF (Engineering – India)||National||2019||–|
Bengal Institute of Technology, Kolkata is one of the top engineering colleges in West Bengal. According to the NIRF, 2016 ranking, the Bengal Institute of Technology was ranked at 91st among all engineering colleges.
Bengal Institute of Technology (BIT) was established in 2000.
The ranking of BIT, Kolkata is 91st among all engineering colleges according to NIRF, 2016.
Yes. All courses of BIT, Kolkata are approved by AICTE.
If you have further queries on the Bengal Institute of Technology, Kolkata please write in the comment box below.