If you like to take care of patients and you want to make it your profession which means you want to make a career in the healthcare sector and want good job opportunities both in the private and government sectors, then you can do a course in B.Sc. Nursing.
The number of healthcare services is increasing in today’s time. So, the demand for nursing degree holders has increased. In this situation, not only the requirement of doctors but also the demand for nursing staffs are increasing and after doing this course you will have basic and important knowledge related to nursing and you can get a job as a nurse in private and government hospitals. In such case, if you are interested in doing this specific undergraduate course then you should know about the B.Sc. course in detail, including eligibility criteria, admission procedure, career prospect, job opportunities, etc.
This course is a 4-year program and is the most demanding and respectable job profile course. The best thing about this course is after completing this course you will get job satisfaction as well as a handsome salary and if you want to settle in a foreign country then also there are many opportunities.
B.Sc. Nursing Syllabus: An Overview
The syllabus of B.Sc. Nursing involves the following topics:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Bio Chemistry
- Mental Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Genetic Pathology
- Medical Communication
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Nursing
- You need to have a minimum of 45% marks in the 12th standard and you must have subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th Science stream.
- Minimum Age Limit: 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is carried out.
- Student should medically fit.
Note that the eligibility criteria can vary from college to college. So, it is better to check the official website of the college for the latest information about eligibility criteria and admission procedures.
How to get admission in B.Sc. Nursing?
If you want to take admission in top private and government colleges, then you need to clear the entrance examination. Because most top colleges give admission on the basis of entrance tests. But there are some private colleges that give direct admission. So by going to the website of that college in which you want to take admission, you can check the detailed eligibility criteria of that specific college and then apply accordingly.
Some popular entrance examinations for B.Sc. nursing admission are:
- NEET(National eligibility entrance test)
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of postgraduate medical education and research)
- BHU UET (Undergraduate entrance test conducted by Banaras Hindu University)
- AIIMS Nursing Exam (National level Nursing test conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
- There are many state level of entrance examinations in different states of India carried for B.Sc. nursing admission.
Top Government and Private Colleges of B.SC Nursing:
- Cristian Medical College
- Armed Forces Medical School
- Jawaharlal Nehru Nursing Institute of Medical Education
- Kasturba Medical College
- King George’s Medical University
- Madras Medical College & More
- Apollo College of Nursing
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Dehradun Institute of Medical Sciences
- Father Muller Medical College
- Christian Medical College
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education
Fees Structure of B.Sc. Nursing
The cost of this course varies from college to college. In Government colleges, the fees can be 1-2 Lakhs and in Private colleges, this cost can be 2.5-5.5 Lakhs.
Career prospect of B.SC Nursing
As it is said earlier that B.Sc. Nursing is the most demanding course in India as well as abroad. After completing this course, you can be a general nurse, health worker, midwife, junior nurse assistant, child nurse specialist. This course is in demand in India as well as in Canada, UAE, USA, Australia, France, Singapore, Germany
After completing this course the salary depends on work experience and skill. The approximate salary of a B.SC nurse is 3-5Lakhs per annum.
Jobs after completing B.Sc. Nursing
You work as a B.Sc. nurse in AIIMS, Apollo, Shri Ganga Ram Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Max Care Hospital, Leelavathi Hospital, Tata Memorial Hospital. But they are top recruiters and you can try in every hospital and private nursing home and you can get a job in those hospitals easily.