Established in 1998, Asansol Engineering College (AEC) is one of the top engineering colleges in Asansol. It is located at Vivekananda Sarani, Asansol, West Bengal. It offers B.Tech. (4 years), BCA (3 years), BBA (3 years), MCA (3 years), and M.Tech. (2 years) in various disciplines. All the courses of the college are approved by AICTE and affiliated to MAKAUT. If you are looking for study in Asansol Engineering College
Asansol Engineering College (AEC), West Bengal
Quick Overview / College At A Glance
- Type: Private Engineering College
- Established: 1998
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliated To: MAKAUT
- Location: Asansol, West Bengal, India
- Official Website: http://www.aecwb.edu.in/
Address & Contact Details
Kanyapur, Asansol – 713305
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Basic Science & Humanities
Programs and Courses Offered
|B.Tech.||Electrical Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||120|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||4 Years||Full Time||90|
|B.Tech.||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||60|
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering||4 Years||Full Time||60|
|BCA||Computer Applications||3 Years||Full Time||120|
|BBA||Management||3 Years||Full Time||120|
|M.Tech.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||2 Years||Full Time||13|
|M.Tech.||Electrical Engineering||2 Years||Full Time||13|
|MCA||Computer Applications||3 Years||Full Time||60|
Asansol Engineering College Fee Structure
|B.Tech.||4.20 Lakhs + 1.39 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|B.Tech. (Lateral Entry)||3.24 Lakhs + 1.06 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|B.Tech. (TFW)||88K + 1.39 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|BCA||1.08 Lakhs + 1.06 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|BBA||1.08 Lakhs + 1.06 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|M.Tech.||1.92 Lakhs + 73K (Hostel Fee)|
|MCA||2.71 Lakhs + 1.06 Lakhs (Hostel Fee)|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||1.87 Lakhs + 73K (Hostel Fee)|
Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Asansol Engineering College
1. B.Tech. Admission
1.1. Minimum Eligibility For 1st Year Admission
- Passed 10+2 level Examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory along with one of the Chemistry /Biotechnology /Biology /Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category, e.g., SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in aggregate. The candidates should also have pass marks in theory papers, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
1.2. Admission Procedure
Through WBJEE Score or JEE (Mains) exam and counselling.
2. B.Tech. Lateral Entry Admission
2.1. Minimum Eligibility For 2nd Year Admission (Lateral Entry)
- For 2nd year B-Tech. Degree Course candidates should either pass diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy from any AICTE recognised Polytechnic/Institute with at least 60% marks in aggregate or have passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject and B.Sc. degree in Science from any U.G.C. approved Universities with at least 60% marks.
2.2. Admission Procedure
Admission is carried out through the Written Test – JELET, conducted by the “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board”.
3. M.Tech. Admission
3.1. Minimum Eligibility
- Candidates should have completed B.Tech / M.Sc. in a relevant discipline. Students from final semester exams are also eligible to apply.
- Valid PGET Entrance Test Score
3.2. Admission Procedure
The admission is carried out through the PGET Entrance Test and Counselling.
4. MCA Admission
4.1. Minimum Eligibility
Candidates passed/appear in the bachelor’s degree final exam in any discipline from any recognized university with mathematics and/or statistics as one of the Subjects in 10+2+3.
4.2. Admission Procedure
Admission will be made based on the JECA exam and Counselling.
5. BBA/BCA Admission
5.1. Minimum Eligibility
- For BBA admission, candidates should have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- For BCA, candidates should have passed 10+2 level examination from a recognized board with English and Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Application at 10+2 Level as a compulsory subject.
5.2. Admission Procedure
For admission procedure, contact directly to College Admission Cell.
Facilities and Services
- Hostel (Girls’ and Boys Hostel)
- Environmental Impact
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
- Smart Class Room
- Video Conferencing Room
Asansol Engineering College Placement
The Placement Cell of this college assists the students of final year (appearing/passed out) to come in contact with post-academic training, various openings of jobs in several firms. In addition, the placement cell of the college approaches various companies to conduct interviews and choose students of all disciplines. Let’s go through below the placement facilities and previous placement records of Asansol Engineering College.
|Placement & Training Cell||Available|
|Placement Training||360 Degree Training|
|Skill Development Program||Available|
Previous Placement Record
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Cognizant, GE Power, Infosys, TVS motor, Godrej, Virtusa, Mindtree, Bosch, Amdocs & others.|
|% of Students Placed Through Campus Interview||71% in 2019|
68.7% in 2018
72% in 2017
|Average Salary||4.1 lakhs / Year in 2019 (B.Tech.)|
3.40 Lakhs / Years in 2019 (M.Tech.)
3.65 Lakhs / Years in 2019 (MCA)
|Maximum Salary||11.25 lakhs / Year in 2019|
Asansol Engineering College Ranking
If you have further queries on the Asansol Engineering College, please write in the comment box below.